We are looking for a knowledgeable, curious, self-motivated and mission driven experienced Metrology Engineer/Technician with a solid background working in bio-pharma industry for at least 8 to 10 years. This is a contract position for six months for immediate hie. The job location will be at our client site in Irvine-San Diego Corridor.
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, and modify process control instruments or systems for manufacturing applications.
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, and modify electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic control devices for utility systems which support the manufacturing facilities.
- Perform calibrations and scheduled preventive maintenance on analytical and other laboratory instruments
- Test control systems and assist in validation of new and existing manufacturing facilities
- Continuously evaluate maintenance/calibration practices to eliminate nonproductive activities and implement productivity enhancements
- Must possess full knowledge of the fundamental operating principles of industrial process instrumentation and process control systems
- Be proficient in ISA standards and practices for instrumentation
- Understands impact of equipment and system changes and alarms through DCS, Delta V, and/or local loop controllers
- Knowledge of and ability to use Computerized Maintenance and Calibration Management Systems
Essential duties and job functions
- Performs installation, maintenance and repairs of line manufacturing equipment.
- Independently locates and diagnoses failure, replaces defective components and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Uses a variety of hand, power and test tools and equipment.
- Provides general maintenance support as designated by supervisor to include any or all of the following areas: utility equipment; HVAC equipment; water for injection; product storage; welding, fabricating, construction, and installations.
- Coordinates maintenance on critical systems/equipment with supervisor.
- Creates or revises standard operating procedures.
- Performs multi-shift work as required.
- Complies with all safety regulations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- May be required to perform the duties of Maintenance Tech I as required by supervisor.
- Is required to respond to emergency notifications via phone.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org